Contact: Tanya Holland 301-680-6309, HealthFair@gc.adventist.org
The Seventh-day Adventist Church’s world headquarters, in partnership with Maryland-based Adventist HealthCare, will hold a two-day Fun & Fit Health Fair September 14 and 15, featuring fun activities, health screenings and healthy cooking demos. This is a free event and designed for the whole family.
What: Fun & Fit Health Fair
When: Sunday, September 14, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Monday, September 15, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Location: Seventh-day Adventist Church world headquarters, 12501 Old Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, Maryland, 20904.
More info: Including promo video, visit Adventist.org/healthfair.
Fun activities for kids and adults:
• Obstacle courses: Heart Education, Boot Camp Challenger and Wacky World
• Coconut tree climb
• Adult aerobics
• Relay games
Health Screenings, sponsored by Adventist HealthCare
• Blood pressure, body mass index/body composition, waist-to-hip ratio
• Derma scan test
• Bone density
• Grip strength
• Mental health education
Health and Family Resources, sponsored by Adventist HealthCare:
• Maternal, child and senior health education
• Heart, diabetes and nutrition education
• Cold and flu prevention
Healthy cooking demos:
• Healthy smoothies kids love
• 5 tasty ways to sneak veggies, beans and protein into family meals
# # #